Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Song of Redemption

This lover of my soul has looked at me and said yes. He's said yes, and this yes completely destroys my defenses, shatters my walls. Because His yes? It wasn't just said over His shoulder in passing, being lost into the airwaves. No...His yes was said face to face.

My life stopped. The yes, it shaped a turning in my life. It resounded in eternity. That moment that I said yes to Him, and Him to me, has shaped every moment since then, and my life reflects the yes. I live in anticipation of the yes, in celebration of the yes, and in full awareness of what this yes means. 

Ah, but He was the instigator. Even while my life and heart and mind screamed No and hurled rejection in His face, His kindness calmly whispered yes in my ear, even in my darkest moments. He was not wavered by my neglect of Him, at my obvious abuse of His compassion. He was always there, hovering and waiting in joyful anticipation of the day I would whisper through the strength I could muster through my tears, a quiet, 'yes.' 

Louder and louder my yes has become! With new mercies every day fueling my fire. His joy has unlocked my voice and I sing my song of redemption from the rooftops. I live expectant and aware that He longs to continue to say yes to me, for He cannot resist His children. And there is a passion and excitement building in me to see others finally get it as well. And if I have the honor,  to usher them into their own Yes.

Beautiful. Beautiful one. Irresistable. Undeniable. Unexplainable. Joyful. Hopeful. Great. All that's good. We cannot stay away from you. You have captured our hearts. One day, all that see you will turn their hearts, and their affections, and with their whole hearts will say, YES!

-L-

No comments:

Post a Comment