Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We are not, nor can we be forgotten.

We all have moments of weakness. Moments when we take our eyes off of The Lord, off of all that He's done for us, all that He is. Last night I found myself in one of those moments. I found my myself journaling and in one instance wrote the following line, "papa God, please don't forget me."

This, of course made me stop. How could God ever forget me? Why was I believing the lie that He could forget me? And what was making me feel that way? You see, we have a choosing to make when we recognize that there is a lie in our minds that is winning over the truth. We have a choice to make; believe the lie and listen to our emotions, or replace the lie with the truth and no matter what the emotions or feelings, believe that truth.

Last night, feeling like I was forgotten by The Lord was the lie that was trying to gain ground in my mind and heart. It would have been really easy to look into my life and find proof to support that lie. I could have found ground to justify my feelings. But instead, I went looking for the truth. And I didn't have to look far.

I first went to the 'fear nots' of Isaiah.
Isaiah 41:10 "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
41:13 "for I, The Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'fear not, I am the one who helps you.'"
43:1-2 "but now thus says The Lord, he who created you, o Jacob, he who formed you, o Israel; 'fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you will not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."
54:4-5 "fear not, for you will not be ashamed; be not confounded for you will not be disgraced; for you  will forget the shame of your youth, and the reproach of your widowhood, you will remember no more. For your Maker is your husband, The Lord of hosts is his name; and the holy one of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth He is called."

After Isaiah I was reading a book assigned for 2nd year and there was this quote: "We should live in such perfect love (with The Lord) that we could not even imagine His failing us or forgetting us."

Next The Lord reminded me of this thought of Jesus:
"Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfect of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2) I can't think of anyone who had more grounds to feel 'forgotten' by the father. Carrying the sins of the world, dying AS sin even though He knew no sin. And yet He did it, and why? Because of the joy set before Him. That joy is me. That joy is you.

Needless to say, I repented of feeling forgotten and I've changed the way that I think. We are locked in His slight, we are before His gaze. We just need to remind ourselves of that. As we press in to go deeper in relationship with Him, we will have to remind ourselves of that even more. He does not abandon us, He does not set us up to fail, and He cannot possibly forget about us. If you find yourself here, in the place where it would be easy to prove the point that The Lord has somehow forgotten you, I can tell you with great confidence that He has not. He cannot. He is love, and love does not reject, does not neglect, and does not forget how to love.

You are not forgotten.


L

I woke up this morning of news that proved this. It is an amazing testimony of Gods goodness yet again. He hears our cries and our prayers and knows exactly what we need and when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment