Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas! :)

Hello beautiful people! (person? Anyone reading this?)


As many of you know (ok, maybe just Jessica) I'm not a huge commercial Christmas person. I just don't know why, but until about the 20th of December I just cannot get into the 'Christmas Spirit.' At least, not the decorate a piece of wood with shiny junk you're just gonna through away, sing about a fat creeper man named santa, eat candy canes till you puke, spirit. 


I do however really enjoy the season of Advent and spend most of my Sundays and evenings reflecting and balling my eyes out at the thought of what God must have been thinking when He sent His only son into the world in the form of the most vulnerable thing that there is. (That HAD to be a run-on sentence). Without advent and the season of getting myself ready I don't think I'd really enjoy Christmas at all!


Now, don't get me wrong. I love being with my family, and because of my love language I really do love giving gifts but wrapping paper and gingerbread houses? Not really my forte. I really, REALLY wish that it was and perhaps someday it will be when I have children...but in this season? eh. No thank you. 


Advent to me is all about preparing your heart to receive the gift that Jesus is. It's taking a long, hard look at our depravity, insignificance and ultimately our need for a Savior. It's taking a step back to look at this season from God's perspective. Allowing ourselves to go back to the fall, realize what He wanted with us from the beginning. It's feeling His pain and His overwhelming anticipation as He sends His son as a gift to the world. And then celebrating, cheering, and if you're me-crying like a blubbering idiot as you thank Him unendingly for taking the chance and sending Jesus as a baby...entrusting Him to the care of a young girl in the middle of nowhere to raise this Savior.


I am a music person and so I imagine that if this journey were written in a song, there would be a pretty epic crescendo throughout this season. 


ANYWAYS! I wasn't even going to write about all of that but I'm working at being more vulnerable in writing so there you go. What I ACTUALLY wrote for was to introduce my pathetic attempt to join in with some of the ridiculousness of the season. So. Here you go....




I would like to introduce you to my version of the 12 days of Christmas...er...11.


11 days of Christmas.
Happy Birthday Jesus!
Cause nothing says happy birthday to the savior of all creation like a big, extinct dino! :)

Hope you enjoy the next 11 days of randomness as much as I do! Feliz Christmas! 
-Lara-

No comments:

Post a Comment