Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Post #4

Ok...Chritmas is coming upon us quickly so I better get all of these ridiculous blogs in while I can! Just one quick one before I head to the most epic Christmas party ever. 


If your gingerbread are starting to look like this due to the stress:
JUST BACK AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!!!

Seriously though, why do allow ourselves to become SO stressed out over how cookies look, and making sure that everything is so perfect at Christmas time? I don't get it. Case in point: today I wanted to make a new recipe. It's the most delicious contraption I've ever made in my whole life. My mom and I found out today though, that we are not very good at melting chocolate, or following recipes that aren't super specific. 

I found myself so frustrated at the way it was all going. Sure, the end product doesn't look as good as they're supposed to, but they're just as delicious. It was a good reminder for me that when I feel myself getting upset about things that should not upset me, I need to 'just back away from the cookies,' reevaluate what's actually important and lighten up! Being happy and joyful is often a choice we have to force ourselves to make. 

The end.

Happy 23rd of December!!! :)
-L-

No comments:

Post a Comment