Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Counting the Cost.

I apologize for going MIA on you there for awhile. I've been spending some much needed time with my family since last Wednesday in Indiana. Normally I would say that the phrase 'parting is such sweet sorrow' is just silly. Parting certainly never feels sweet when it's from the ones that you love. But I think I understand it more now. Yes, it was certainly hard to say goodbye to those that I love as I begin this new journey west into a life that is pretty unknown. There were many tears shed. But I am beginning to see the sweet part as I am back home and packing my bags. I get to walk into a whole new part of my life. I get to experience new things in a new place in a new season.
And yet I now understand why Jesus talked about counting the costs of being a disciple. While I don't think I'll never see my family again, I recognize that if God asked me to go to the ends of the earth I would go. I have counted the cost, and I have weighed everything I know as 'normal' in life, and I would trade them all if I was asked. And while that has the potential to bring great sorrow and discomfort in my life I see now that the sweetness of following Christ into whatever He asks is much greater. If I have Christ, I have everything. 
So yes, I am walking into a new part of my life. And true, I don't have all of the funding I would like, or all of the details worked out the way I usually do. But I do have Christ, and I do have what I need and that is enough. I am not leaving this season just to leave. I'm not going just to go. But I am stepping into my next phase of life. I always want and long to follow wherever He's going. And as soon as something other than Him is stopping me, I pray that I will honestly be able to stop and honestly assess what's going on, and count the costs once more. Because I know He will always be worth it. 


He's SO worth it. 
I pray that He's so worth it for you too.


For prayer purposes! I leave THIS SATURDAY! I cannot believe that it's already here. It just doesn't seem realistic. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. Continue to check in as I'll be updating from the road...pictures and such. Please continue to pray for connections as I get to Redding, along the road, etc. Also for finances to continue to fall into place not only in my life but the ministries! :) Love you all.


-Lara-

No comments:

Post a Comment