Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Greetings from Sunny California! :)

I have arrived!
It's so good to be home. From the beautiful weather (I'm currently sitting outside writing) to the mountain views I think this is a place I could get used to. I love it here already and I've barely experienced anything! As a veggie lover I am amazed at Jim and Brenda's 'winter' gardens and the amount of produce in the grocery stores here. I was even amazed that California has produce that is actually cheaper than in iowa, and with a lot more variety. 


I'm settling in very well, though there are parts of me that have not yet come to terms with the fact that this is all really happening. God has been so in this that there has hardly been any time to stop and worry about anything and for that I am extremely grateful.


There are moments, though where I suddenly get that sinking feeling in my stomach of not knowing where anything is and the feeling of being forced out of my comfort zone into new situations...specifically the social variety. Oh, how i wish i were a social butterfly at times. I am thankful that God has been teaching me more and more to be comfortable in my own skin. And I am super happy He made me perfectly content to just sit and read a book at times. And while being with new people isn't always the most comfortable thing for me, I know that this a new page of my life. I get to be simply me, and that's enough...that's all He ever asks of us. 


I didn't really write for any huge reason, just to say hi from my new home. And also to ask for prayer. Tomorrow morning at 9:00 I have an interview for a job. I'm praying for favor and also rejoicing for the opportunity. I've come to understand that it's very hard to get a job here and for me to be asked in the day after I arrive has God written all over it! I'm praying that I get hired as this money would be very handy for the day I start paying rent! :) 


Thanks and love you all!
-L-

No comments:

Post a Comment