Monday, March 5, 2012

Strictly an Update...I think.

Hello! For the benefit of those who love me and wants to know what's going on I am going to try my VERY hardest to make this strictly an update of my life. Key word? TRY. :)


Things are going really well here. Though I haven't gotten a whole lot of immediate direction for life here, God has been pouring things into me that I know will one day be significant. After a few weeks of feel extremely unsettled, unsure, and a little alone I am really starting to fully appreciate this season. It's amazing how when you appreciate something, you can begin to anticipate what God will do more fully. It's been an intense season of God removing wrong mindsets, heart motives, and anything else that I had planted there without His permission. It's been a time where He has taught me more than I've learned almost my whole life combined. It's been a season where, honestly, I've felt that He's been drawing out all of the poison from parts of my heart that I didn't know I had. All so that He can lay a new foundation and begin to build things in my heart that I will need for my future ministry, career, marriage and just life in general. 


I'm so incredibly thankful for this time in my life. This time of not knowing. This time of openness before the Lord. This time of honestly being able to say, "God, if you don't show up. I will fail." I know that it's because of this time right here, that I will be able to face the hard circumstances and know that God will show up. 


So just some updates:
-I work at Target Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 4:30 am. I've been so blessed thus far to have a job and  am super thankful that I haven't just slept right on through my alarms. :) Things are going well, and I am learning of many new Health and beauty products that I never knew existed. If you need some advice I will probably know of what Target has at least! :)


-I am starting to look around for other jobs. Please pray for favor, or for new ideas for a source of extra income. If you have any ideas of things I could be doing, I'd greatly accept them! :)


-We are in full-out planning mode for Ireland!! Our trip isn't until May but we've been having fun researching and pulling information and praying. Each week we pick a different location that we feel that God's highlighted to us, and we research the history and ask God what He wants to do in that place. It's been amazing to dream and imagine of all God wants to do for His people there. And for people that are there that aren't His...yet. We've had so, SO many words about this trip. They are beyond us, and yet we know that God has chosen us for this specific time and place and we can't wait to get started there! 


-Along those line, we would appreciate your prayers for finances to come in. It will roughly be about $1500 a person with air-fare and hotels and such. Jim, Brenda, Kim and I would appreciate if you would pray that that money would come in so that that's the last thing on our mind when we are planning all that we think God is leading us to do in Ireland. If you want more information on this, or would like to give for this trip specifically email me at larahochstetler@gmail.com.


-I have begun the search for an apartment. Still not much news on that front. It seems that my searching skills aren't all they're cracked up to be. Please pray for wisdom and discernment on this front as I don't know what I'll even exactly be doing here, that would help as well as another income to feel secure in that new payment every month. 


-Next week I'll be traveling south to visit one of my best friends in L.A. We both figured that before our lives got too crazy we wanted to see each other and now that we're within driving distance there really isn't any excuse not to. I leave this Saturday after work for 5 days. I'm looking forward to having some time with her and her family whom I've barely met. Also looking forward to having some time with a notebook and a piano!! Perhaps there will be some new music up at some point? Not promising anything. Also just very excited to be in a place where so much entertainment comes out of. Praying about what prophetic acts to do there. Should be exciting.


So...that's my life in a nutshell. Still praying and believing about connections here with new friends, people for the future...a husband...you know, the usual. ;) Sometimes it's hard being away from everything that's safe and known but if you're like me, you grow more when the safety is taken away. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Excited for all that March holds. I know it's a lot and it's very good. Hope you're excited too!!


Thank you all for being such a huge part of my life. I'm so thankful for each of you in ways that you'll never comprehend here on earth. Some of you have literally kept me alive in the past few years of my life. Thankfully, your reward is greater than what I can give you. :)


-el-


This is my church. The place that challenges me more than I've ever been challenged and inspires me more than I've ever been inspired.

It's still so strange to see things in full bloom. The trees are amazing especially.

The view on my walk to day...simply amazing.

We went on a hike Saturday. It was SO nice outside. Actually, dare I say it, HOT.

It was a balmy 70 degrees today.
But..sometimes when I get off work, it's a little cold.

I got a package in the mail today from one of the coolest little cousins in the whole world. I laughed out loud that my last name was Schrock. I actually quite loved it.

New music today from some of my favorites made today almost perfect. Love it. Love it. Love it. Go buy it. NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment